Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bellingham

Today I spent with my brother in Bellingham. After all the sitting on planes, trains, and cars, I was ready to do some walking. After I got off the train, we went four blocks from his house to the farmer's market, enjoyed a samosa, and then headed up to see his campus at Western Washington. We ventured up to the arboretum which goes over the top of the hill the campus is on and by that time it started raining the usual rain. 

 We had walked for a while, so a large bowl of pho for lunch was very welcome, especially since it's a little cold here. After that, Graham took a nap, and I went to explore downtown some more. When I came back, he decided to go running, and so I started walking to the boardwalk. I walked the same trail and met him on his return at the end of the boardwalk.

After dinner, we went back downtown to see the "appliance derby", with cars of recycled appliances.
It was a little unsafe, as I'm sure you can judge considering that's an old refrigerator on wheels flying down a hill with homemade brakes. Some of these cars went out of control and straight into the hay bales, and one ran into a group of people. Still, people insisted on standing at the bottom of the hill, right in front of the track. I was prepared to run...

No comments:

Post a Comment