Saturday, October 27, 2012

Waterfire

Tonight was Waterfire in Kansas City. I decided it was time to get out and do something even though I work all weekend. I got myself a good spot (in some dirt) wedged between two other groups who had staked out their claims and gone for Starbucks and beer. They didn't seem to mind me though.

I was completely bundled up, knowing I'd be sitting outside for the evening, I'm sure looking like what my mom refers to as "Nanook of the North". But, I was warm!

It started with floating piles of logs lining the canal being lit by a few boats meandering through the water. There was a variety of music, alternating from different stages, either on the bridges or on the banks. It was really lovely. And now I am tired, so another day of work tomorrow and it will be my "weekend". Enjoy the video. It was my favorite song of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment