Saturday, November 3, 2012

an uprooted tree

Last night the gallery wasn't so busy except for a few tours that came through. I listened in on them because it's always interesting to learn something new about the art you're staring at day after day. There's one piece that is a vignette of several rows of photos taken from the same vantage point, but taken in different seasons and at different times of day. The subject is an outbuilding with a tree in front of it at the family farm. That tree is in every photo except the last one because apparently the photographer's husband decided the tree was looking sickly, and took a chainsaw to it. It's gone completely, but in its place there is suddenly an evergreen. No one is for sure, but two visitors and I determined that it must be a Christmas tree!

1 comment:

  1. For years I have wanted to photograph a giant old oak tree out on the Konza, during the different seasons. I did actually take some photographs of it one fall.

    Last spring, I went out to the Konza, and my oak tree was DEAD.

    That's what I get for procrastinating on an idea for ten years!

    ReplyDelete