Sunday, October 14, 2012

Samsara

This evening begins my "weekend" of three days off from the museum. To put my first long week of work behind me and relax, I went to see the film Samsara. It was beautiful! It's a movie without any spoken words, but includes a great soundtrack. It was filmed in 25 countries over a period of 5 years and the best way to describe it is the state of our world as it is today. The title itself means, in Sanskrit, “the ever turning wheel of life”. Not all parts were pretty pictures, but what is presented shows the ways which we are all connected today (whether in a negative or positive sense) and the issues of humanity we face.
(sulfur miners in Java)

As it seems to be the case with any movie of merit, it is only playing in select cities, and for a limited amount of time. I knew it would be worth it to see on the big screen, although I'll definitely buy the DVD as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment