Saturday, May 21, 2011

we're on our way!

My dad and I have passed through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and
most of New Mexico so far on our drive to San Diego. It was a long drive today, and we have the same thing on the agenda for tomorrow.

The only thing I have to say is that eastern Kansas looks like a rainforest compared to Oklahoma and Texas and a lot of New Mexico. There's not much green around here! Only brown grass and dust, and no trees-- only super-sized shrubs. In some areas, it looks like it never recovered from the Dust Bowl.
Either that, or it's starting all over again.
Needless to say, a lot of our drive was quite boring.  That is until we got to Albuquerque and saw some hill-mountains.


Now we are at a hotel in Grants, New Mexico. It's a small place, where the Subway closes at 8:30 (literally as we were walking to the door), and the only other two choices for dinner are Asian Super Buffet and Taco Bell. Well, I just finished my chalupa, and I've decided I'd like to go swimming, so that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment