Saturday, May 28, 2011

"big fun"

There are about fifteen of us sitting in the hostel kitchen eating, computering, chatting, me enjoying my museli, etc. It seems everyone had as long of a day as I did. Since the hostel is located downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter where all the restaurants, clubs, and bars are, there is plenty of activity. It's also plenty noisy all night, especially since we keep the windows open for the nice breeze.

Outside just now we heard some fast car with an incredibly loud muffler speed down the street and it scared all of us. Not two seconds later we then heard a police car start up its siren and then everyone in the street started cheering. All of us inside ran to the window to watch the police car work its magic. And that was our "big fun" for the night (according to the Italian girl).

I spent today exploring the city some more. I found Ikea (yay!) and some other stores, although it seems like I spent the majority of my time either sitting on the bus or trolley or walking. I did a lot of walking, which I do enjoy. I'd take that sort of activity over driving any day here.

These plants are everywhere, and I love them. Anyone know what kind they are?

4 comments:

  1. Oh I think you're right! What a strange name. I had no idea what you meant at first! Dad was good at being my plant guide, but now that he's gone, I have no idea what everything is and there are sooo many different plants here. It makes up for the lack of grass I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I was not up at 4:48 am the other morning; maybe you should re-set the blog clock???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to do that. How do I do that?

    ReplyDelete