Friday, May 6, 2011

farm party!

Ah, the end of the semester. Only a week left of classes, but I'm already finished with work-- at least work in the classroom. The students take their proficiency test tomorrow, so I'll spend my Saturday morning as a proctor in the silent monotony that is that final test. Today, however, was our Level 1 party, and what a wonderful day it was! We went to the family farm of one of our teacher's and spent the afternoon outside enjoying the perfect weather. We also do "awards" at the end of the semester for students, teachers, and student assistants (like me). Mine was "Best at Paying Attention to Students". Earlier this morning, we taught a few students the song "Down By The Bay" and so did a performance for everyone, which included our own lyrics. It was quite fun!
We played frisbee!
We roasted marshmallows! (And you should have seen the look on one student's face after I scooped up my half-burned marshmallow after it had fallen off into the fire and ate it)

Some people played soccer. (And you can see what one teacher described: "the monk has monk shorts")

What a fantastic group!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! I learned about monk shorts and you taught the 3-second rule of food safety!

    ReplyDelete