Saturday, March 30, 2013

where am I?

I made it to Cape Cod yesterday after four days of driving and moved my suitcase into the first house I'll be staying at, just for this week. I'll unload my car at a new house hopefully on Tuesday, after starting work on Monday.

Two nights ago I was in Albany-- the capital of New York state, which I confirmed upon arrival. (I was fairly certain it was, and consulted a few people during my drive, but no one was sure.) Speaking of state capitals, after driving 8 hours the first day, I stopped in Indianapolis that night. When I got there, I decided to take a quick cruise through downtown to see the sights. I spotted a Panera and parked a few blocks away and took a walk to dinner. It was cold, but as always it felt good to be out of the car.
on my way to Panera
The second day's drive was shorter, and I stopped in Cleveland to visit my aunt and two cousins. I got there earlier than I planned, so I went to the Cleveland Museum of Art.
 They have over the past few years built an addition, a very modern one, connected to the 1916 building.

By the third day, I was getting pretty bored in the car. The landscape hadn't changed much apart from a gradual increase in tree coverage. I did enjoy looking at the barns. Starting in Ohio, they got bigger, and were mostly red painted wood-- very different from all the limestone barns of Kansas.

The fourth day was a "quick" 4 hours (it really didn't seem long at all!) to Cape Cod from Albany in order to get there before lunchtime. So here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment