Sunday, March 31, 2013

hyannis

I spent my Easter day exploring Hyannis, often viewed as the capital of Cape Cod because of its importance in transportation and fishing. It was a pretty quiet day, with it being a holiday and also because most places are still not open for the spring season. I started out at the Cape Cod Maritime Museum, a small place telling the basic history of the sea.

This boat was wrecked in the 1620s and recovered in the 1800s. It looks like a whale carcass.
A shelf made of shells

I walked a mile from the museum down to the beach. This one was sandy and filled with shells, but the wind still gave me an earache.

                                                                               Hyannis harbor
                                                    JFK Memorial, next to the Korean War Memorial
sandy beach with not many people out!
After that walk, I managed to find an open creperie downtown and enjoyed a lox crepe for lunch-- delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Crepes and ocean! What could possibly be any better?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a kind of artist called shell-art artist...

    ReplyDelete