Wednesday, February 6, 2013

skijoring

On my way to work the other day, I passed an outdoorsy-looking vehicle with some very large decal letters on the back: Skijor Hund. I thought that sounded interesting, so I made a mental note to look it up. Well, it is interesting, and it looks like tons of fun!


Yes, it's skiing as you're being pulled- by a horse, dog, or motor vehicle. I had seen a photo of this before, some amusing post card that circulated between family members, but had no idea of the name of this sport.


Not only that, when I Googled this, I came across ads for harnesses you can get, and from REI! (And, the lady in the photo on the REI site has a kid in a ski trailer attached to her. How cool.)

 I'm all for this, as soon as I get a dog, and some snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment