Monday, November 26, 2012

holiday things

Have you ever searched store after store for something, not seeing anything you like, and finally decide you'll just make it yourself? I seem to do that a lot. I found a great site for beginner builders with hundreds of plans for furniture. My plan was to build a coffee table, although my dad beat me to it, and now all that's left is to finish it. I stained it, and now there's only a few coats of polyurethane until I can bring it inside.
 (No photos yet; I only took this one so I would know what to buy.) 

  Thanksgiving was last week. I was happy to have the day off and head home for a nice meal with my parents. I didn't get a photo of us, but here are the kitties having their special Thanksgiving meals.
butter!!!

sunny morning milk

that cheered her up out in the cold
 I decided to grow some plants, since everything else has slowed down considerably for the winter. This is less than a week from when I put my leek and bok choy ends to soak in water and sunlight. They are rather pretty decorations!
 I have my very own Christmas tree this year. I'm so excited! I also couldn't find a tree topper I liked, and they all seemed overpriced anyway, so I again decided to make my own. It's blue. I was not in the mood to head back to Hobby Lobby for glittery gold paper, and blue was what I had, so there it is!

1 comment:

  1. Well! I am going to have to get some bok choy and root it! It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete