Sunday, October 2, 2011

barbeque season!?

That's what I thought when I checked my blog list this last week and saw "barbeque season" in one of the headings. I quickly realized this was from an Australian food blog I read, and it is almost BBQ season (summer) for them. Still, it inspired me to make a BBQ tofu pizza for dinner last night.

Yesterday, I escaped the football madness in Lawrence (as I do most home game days in the fall) and went to Kansas City. I stopped by City Market for produce and listened to a cowboy sing that was reminiscent of a drive through the Grand Canyon this summer where my mom and I bought a CD titled "Cowboy Songs" (at this point in the drive, my mother had resorted to trying her hand at Tuvan throat singing, which the acoustics of an enclosed vehicle are simply not good for, even if you know what you're doing).

For a study break today, I went to sit at the lake to enjoy the weather, and the insects.
The sludgy mud doesn't have quite the same effect as the beach, but the water was surprisingly warm!
On the upside, there were plenty of butterflies out.





3 comments:

  1. We have had a lot of butterflies too! I wonder if they are migrating!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that why you wanted the Cowboy Songs and Train Songs CDs?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I believe those CDs were your idea, mom, but they were fitting choices considering our location at the time! I'm still listening to them, actually.

    Yes, butterflies are migrating to Mexico (& southern CA). I saw just as many monarch butterflies, but for some reason they never stay long enough for a photo.

    ReplyDelete