Sunday, January 23, 2011

last day before classes!

When I think about it, it has been a long break since the middle of December! I officially have my first class of the semester tomorrow, collections management, and I also start working regularly again. I'm excited about my classes this semester, with collections being my primary interest in museums, and then I've also got Anthropology in Museums and Conservation.

Finishing at least one of my knitting projects was also on the agenda for this last day of free time, and I successfully did just that:
 When I find new patterns to try, I get excited and start them immediately, so it seems I've always got at least 5 different projects going. This one was a pot holder, and the only reason I did it was to see if I could do the pattern, since it's not so large. I used scrap yarn, which is unfortunately acrylic, so I can't actually use it as a pot holder. That's alright though-- it's still pretty!

4 comments:

  1. That just blows me away! I can't even make my scarves come out symmetrical!

    Was it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to pay attention to every stitch, and continually count. And keep tension on the two colors evenly as you hold them. So, I would say it is somewhat difficult, but I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a pattern you have to look at. It just shows you which color goes where. You hold two (or more) colors at the same time and just switch back and forth. Does that make sense? Have you even tried one color yet Claire? Haha

    ReplyDelete